Fall is a great time to add momentum to your health goals in the form of a detox! More specifically, a wonderful way to detox this season is to try an Ayurvedic approach. Not familiar with Ayurveda? It’s an ancient sister science to yoga that values bringing your body into balance by identifying it’s natural rhythms and responding with a lifestyle that compliments your individual health needs. This article is a great resource for those wishing to start an Ayurvedic Detox this season! This Khicharia Detox Bowl is an excellent meal to prepare during your time of detox. Keep in mind that an important part of Ayurveda is making your meal times a priority – clear time in your schedule to eat and digest slowly. Enjoy and happy detox!
Khicharia Detox Bowl
- ½ C diced onion
- 1 ½ T olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 T grated ginger
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1 tsp whole mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 small dried red chili pepper, crumbled(or half for less spicy)
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ C split mung beans or whole mung beans soaked over night.
- ½ toasted buckwheat (kashi) or brown basmati rice
- 2 ½ C water
- 2 Cups chopped vegetables ( like carrot, parsnips, celery, fennel bulb, cauliflower, broccoli)
- 2 T chopped cilantro or Italian parsley
- squeeze lemon or lime
- 1 Diced tomato
Visit Feasting at Home for detailed directions for this recipe and more info on an Ayurvedic Detox. This recipe was originally published on Feasting at Home. Follow Feasting at home on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more healthy recipes.