It’s the week after Halloween – the holiday dedicated to sugary treats and all things spooky – and it’s time for a post-Halloween sugar detox. A great place to start your detox is with an all-veggie meal. This Vegetarian Burrito from Executive Chef Hicham Elmadi of Hilton Head Health is an excellent option for those desiring an all green plate and plant based protien. Yum! Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
The Vegetarian Burrito
- 1 each Flatbread
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro Lime Cashew Sauce
- ¼ cup Black Bean Puree
- ¼ cup Quinoa, red, cooked
- 3 ounces Kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Prepare Cashew sauce and Black Bean puree and set aside.
- Massage kale with jalapeno, chili powder, cilantro, salt and olive oil. Set aside.
- Assemble each burrito by spreading black bean puree first and then the cooked quinoa.
- Arrange kale mixture at the bottom half of the burrito and roll sides in tight.
- Serve sliced in half with 2 tablespoons cashew sauce and a side salad with citrus vinaigrette.
- Serves: 1
- Serving Size: 1 wrap (with side)
- Calories: 290
- Fat Grams: 7 gm
- Protein: 14 gm
Like this recipe? Check out Chef Hicham’s Chef Spotlight Page on Recipe Redo! Or, taste the delicious food in person atHilton Head Health. The original recipe for Vegetarian Burrito was posted on Hilton Head Health’s lifestyle blog H3 Daily.