Who said eating clean can’t be fun? Getting a jump on your New Year’s Health goals is a great way to kick off 2016. Starting with a detox is a great way to cement those habits you desire for the new year. Change can happen! If you’re new to detoxing, it may be a great idea to start with a Gluten Free or Paleo based cleanse – this recipe works for both. You’ll be surprised at how eating clean can effect your overall health. Here’s to a new year and a recommitment to your Journey into Wellbeing. Happy Cooking and Happy New Year!
Vietnamese Rice Noodle Bowl with Pickled Vegetables
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 T olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce ( optional)4-5 cups your choice of thinly sliced or match stick cut vegetables- carrots, bell peppers, daikon radish, turnips, cucumber., zucchini ribbons,
- ¼ C sliced scallions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro, basil or mint, or a mix.
- 4-8 ounces cooked, chilled shrimp, or cubed tofu ( both optional)