We’ve almost made it to the end of January! Whew! With a month of pursuing our newly minted health resolutions under our belts, we can use the momentum of seeing results to help us continue to make daily resolutions. Today, instead of reaching for the all-too-familiar potato chip bag around 3:00 p.m., curve your appetite with a veggie packed snack. These fresh Spring rolls make for a fun way to get your veggies in while still allowing your tastebuds explore exotic flavors. If you find that your favorite veggies didn’t make the cut on the ingredient list, feel free to swap it out to create your own specialized Veggie Roll. Enjoy! Happy Cooking!
Fresh Veggie Rolls with Peanut Ginger Sauce
Makes 8 Rolls
For the Veggie Rolls:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ matchsticks
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ matchsticks
- 1 small head of lettuce, inner leaves only (I used red leaf)
- 8 rice paper sheets, round
- 8 ounces of rice noodles or soba noodles
For the Peanut Ginger Sauce:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or amino acids
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
For detailed instructions, visit the original recipe on Tomato Boots.
Finding fresh and new ways to eat your veggies can be a daunting task, but Tomato Boots makes it fun! If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out their other healthy recipes posted on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.