Love Chicken Pad Thai? Branch out a bit and you may find yourself falling for another exotic dish from Thailand – Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. This soup combines a Thai palette with a familiar chicken broth base, perfect for an easy dinner on the fly. Besides chopping up some fresh veggies and allowing time for the soup to simmer together to create all the lovely flavors, this soup takes little extra effort to make! If you prefer your meals Vegan approved, this recipe can easily fit the bill. Drop the fish sauce for an easy fix to make this dish Vegan friendly. Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili garlic paste (optional – spicy)
- Garnish: sliced green onions, fresh cilantro, lime wedges
You can find the original recipe for Thai Coconut Chicken Soup on the fabulous blog FANNEtastic Food with detailed preparation instructions. If you’re in love with this dish as much as I am, you can keep up with FANNEtastic Food by following their Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.