Happy Mother’s Day! How are you celebrating? A sweet way to treat mom is to whip up a mother’s day brunch to share together! An excellent choice for brunch is a frittata. Not sure what a frittata is? Think a crustless quiche. I love this recipe for its hint of Italian flavors – yum! Mom will surely love this dish and appreciate the time you took to make it. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Baked Frittata with Roasted Red Peppers, Arugula and Pesto
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion (about half a medium onion, peeled)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 2 handfuls baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For detailed directions, you can find the original recipe on Gimme Some Oven. Love what you taste? You can find more recipes on their blog or by following Gimme Some Oven on social media – Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.