As a pasta fanatic, I’m always seeking a grain-free alternative to swap out in place of my noodles! If you’ve never tried squash noodles before, you’re in for a treat. This dish is ideal for spring afternoons or even a Meatless Monday fix. In all, Squash Noodles are a fresh and fun way to enjoy your veggies – sans grains. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Grain-Free Basil and Mint Summer Squash “Noodles”
- 3 large yellow summer squash, cut into thin strands with a vegetable peeler or spiral slicer (spiralizer) orjulienned
- 1 large celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice1 teaspoon
- finely chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, toss to coat, and serve.
Meet the chef! For more about Amie, her new cookbook Eating Clean, and this recipe, you can find Amie on our Chef Spotlight Page. Additionally, you can keep up with Amie on her Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more inspiration!