Kickstart your summer mornings in to shape with a powerhouse smoothie! With spinach, blueberries, green tea and ginger in the mixture, this smoothie undoubtedly earns its “Superfood” title. Feeling ambitious? My favorite part about smoothies is that it’s easy to swap or add in additional ingredients! I’ll enjoy this smoothie all summer long as a post work-out go-to or as an on the go treat! Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed (organic)
- 1 sm frozen banana, slice before freezing
- 1 cup frozen berries, unsweetened (blueberries were used in the photo)
- Fresh ginger root (1/2″ slice)
- 1/2 cup Kefir or Greek Yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 cup chilled green tea (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
Love what you taste? Check out the original recipe on SkinnyMS. for detailed directions and more healthy and tasty finds. Can’t get enough? Follow SkinnyMS on social media – Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.