Looking for a Vegan treat to bring in to the nightly dinner rotation? Look no further than this Classic Vegan Falafel. With a Gluten Free option, this dish delights as a healthy alternative. What exactly is Falafel? Think everything you love about hummus (hint: chickpeas) in a new medium. As a bonus, this dish is a breeze to make – Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Classic Vegan Falafel
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) dry chickpeas
- 1/2 cup (30 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped white onion
- 7 cloves garlic (~21 g)
- 2 Tbsp (12 g) gluten free oat flour (or gluten free flour blend)
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) ground cumin
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- optional: Pinch cayenne pepper
- Grape seed (or other high smoke point) oil for pan frying
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K