If you have a garden that’s overflowing with veggies, you’re bound to be searching for a recipe that features your farmer’s market ready bounty. My favorite part about growing my own veggies is eating them all summer long – especially Zucchini. Beyond Zucchini Bread and Chips, try making these tasty Gyros. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Grilled Zucchini Gyros with Sun-Dried Tomato Tzatziki
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced or grated, depending on your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved if large
- 4-6 warm pieces of pita or naan
- halved cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, kalamata olives + crumbled feta, for serving
- 1 sliced avocado, for serving
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K