I’m a big fan of easy recipes. My slow cooker is my favorite kitchen tool for easy prep and yummy dishes that take little effort. Toss the ingredients in for this Butternut Squash Soup before you head out the door in the morning and when you return for dinner, it’ll be ready to be spooned in to a bowl. Yum! Dinner can’t get much easier than that. Happy cooking and enjoy!
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1 medium (uncooked) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or more to taste
- pinch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- optional garnishes: extra coconut milk and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (or smoked paprika)
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K