In search of a healthy alternative to all the Carb crazy Thanksgiving staples? Try something new and find all the wholesome, healthy goodness you are searching for! These Stuffed Butternut Squash with Quinoa, Kale, Cranberries, and Chickpeas is Vegetarian approved and nutritionally satisfying. Enjoy this perfect fall recipe as you gather around the table with friends and family! Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Stuffed Butternut Squash with Quinoa, Kale, Cranberries, and Chickpeas
- 2 medium butternut squash, about 2 1/2 pounds each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped (about 6 lightly packed cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus additional for roasting squash)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (plus additional for roasting squash)
- 1 (15 ounce) can low sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Zest of 1 orange, plus 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup reduced sugar dried cranberries
- Grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese (optional)
To find full preparation instructions visit the original recipe on Well Plated. Want more healthy recipes from Well Plated? You can follow Well Plated on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K