Here’s to 2017! What changes do you plan to make in the next year? Some of the best advice I’ve received is to focus on changing my daily habits. Over time, these daily changes will add up to a lifestyle change! This said, a great way to make an attainable change is to start the year off with healthy choices. For you, this may look like replacing your grab and go granola bar in the mornings with a power food filled Fruit Smoothie. Half Baked Harvest has compiled an excellent guide to smoothie making that will jumpstart your resolutions. Happy New Year!
Strawberry Acai Smoothie
- 1/2 red beet (1 small), peeled and roughly chopped (or grated if you have a weak blender)
- 1 cup frozen (or fresh) strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- 1 ripe fresh (or frozen) banana
- 1 teaspoon acai berry powder*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use coconut, almond or goat milk)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (use coconut yogurt if vegan)
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries (optional)
- plain Greek yogurt
- bee pollen, chia seeds, hemp seeds or ground flax
- fresh fruit and or goji berries
- almond butter or other nut butter
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Half Baked Harvest. Want more healthy recipes from Half Baked Harvest? You can follow Half Baked Harvest on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K