Happy December! In the spirit of holiday parties, gift giving and peace on the earth, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite holiday recipes! Keep up with the Recipe Redo Blog for the month of December as we share them with you. First up, this Festive Pomegranate Guacamole will charm your guests with a surprising take on classic Guacamole. We suggest serving on a round platter around a bowl of veggies or a dipping item of your choice to form a Holiday Wreath! Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Festive Pomegranate Guacamole
- 4 medium ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, mostly leaves, chopped
- 1 to 2 jalapeños (or 1 serrano pepper), seeded and chopped
- 1 medium pomegranate, deseeded (about 1 cup worth of pomegranate arils)
- Entirely optional: ½ cup crumbled feta
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Cookie and Kate. Want more healthy recipes from Cookie and Kate? You can follow Cookie and Kate on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K