Veggie lovers, meet your new favorite winter recipe! With a powerhouse line-up of superfoods and a creamy base, what’s not to love about this Vegetarian White Chili? Feel free to customize this already yummy recipe with your favorite veggies! Share with us your favorite additions! Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Creamy Vegetarian White Chili
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- 2 cups warmed whole milk (use non-dairy if wanting to make the recipe vegan)
- Salt / Pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- garnish options: cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, pickled jalapenos, radish slices, hot sauce
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Vegetarian Ventures. Want more healthy recipes from Vegetarian Ventures? You can follow Vegetarian Ventures on social media: Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K