Looking to spice up your dinner menu? Whip up these Lentil and Avocado tacos to shake up your weeknight. My favorite step in this recipe is making the zesty lentils – I dare you to not sneak a taste. This Vegetarian approved recipe also comes with a Vegan option – just leave out the queso fresco. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Lentil and Avocado Tacos
- 1 batch zesty lentils (see below)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 large handful fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup roughly-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- quarter of a small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- (optional) 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- corn or flour tortillas
- (optional) crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco
Zesty Lentil Ingredients:
- 1 cup uncooked black (beluga) or green (French) lentils
- 2.5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt and black pepper
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Gimme Some Oven. Want more healthy recipes from Gimme Some Oven? You can follow Gimme Some Oven on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K