Hello, delicious! Looking for a quick, healthy and easy dinner option? Meet: Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry. This dish is the perfect blend between sweet and savory – think pineapples meet roasted asparagus. Beyond this dish, whipping up any stir fry is a simple task and a great way to use up leftover ingredients in your fridge! For best results, toss all ingredients together in a Wok. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Pineapple Ginger Stir-Fry
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (with ends trimmed off)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 batch stir-fry sauce (see below)
- toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
Stir-Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (if you’d like a spicier sauce)
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Gimme Some Oven. Want more healthy recipes from Gimme Some Oven? You can follow Gimme Some Oven on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K