Wake up to a wholesome breakfast! If you love carrot cake, you will love this recipe for Wholesome Carrot Muffins. Though it feels indulgent, this recipe takes a healthy spin on the most important meal of the day. Even better, you can freeze these muffins for up to two weeks! My recommendation: double the batch so you can keep these yummy muffins on hand. To glaze or not to glaze – it’s up to you! The powdered sugar icing is totally optional. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
Wholesome Carrot Muffins
For the muffin:
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp each ground nutmeg, ground ginger, salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, homemade or store-bought
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrot
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
For the icing:
- 1 cup Wholesome Organic Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Wholesome Organic Honey
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (of any kind)
To find full preparation instructions, visit the original recipe on Gimme Some Oven. Want more healthy recipes from Gimme Some Oven? You can follow Gimme Some Oven on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K