Okay, okay I know what you’re thinking, this woman is crazy for suggesting I try apple, cranberries AND salmon in one dish. Together. Tossed in a salad. It is actually quite refreshing and the fruits in the salad give it that extra oomph. Thank you Canyon Ranch for posting this recipe
½ cup Mongolian BBQ Sauce
4 4-oz salmon fillets
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp honey
¼ tsp sea salt
Pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 lb Gala apples
½ lb Granny Smith apples
½ cup chopped fresh cranberries
2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Combine barbecue sauce and fillets in a shallow glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Combine lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Core and thinly slice apples using a sharp knife. Add to the lemon-honey mixture and toss together to coat. Add cranberries and tarragon and toss well.
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Grill or broil fillets for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque at the center. Do not overcook.
- Break apart fillets into bite-size pieces. Add to the apple-cranberry salad and toss well.