Courtesy to this recent website I have discovered this fabulous recipe and it is called Spa Index. That’t it, spa index. Can you believe how simple that name is? What’s even better is the recipes on there, this one in particular. ENJOY!
This quick and flexible vegetarian Spicy Kale with White Beans and Garlic serves just you or entire family! Garlic and Parmesan cheese provide savory flavors and balance the bitterness of Kale. Beans provide a source of protein. Vinegar, kale, and red pepper flakes all help in to digest the heaviness of beans. Although processed food is contraindicated in Ayurveda, we find canned beans easier to digest.
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 clove Garlic (raw)
- 1 lbs Kale
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (Chili)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (Mineral Salt)
- 1 cup White Navy Beans, from canned, drained
- Steam Kale until soft in a small amount of water, watching carefully to avoid burning the kale.
- In a separate pan, sautee garlic in olive oil.
- Once the garlic is roasted add white beans and kale.
- Continue heating until beans are thoroughly hot. Remove from heat.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste, garnish with Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of vinegar and salt if desired.
- Continue to heat through until nice and hot.
- Serve in a bowl with an additional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and toasty croutons on top for crunch.