This recipe is courtesy of POM Council. It’s a fun little summer recipe, not only do you get your yummy greens but you get your protein as well. This will make an excellent lunch after a long work morning, get those omega-3’s in!
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup walnut oil
- 3 cups mixed seasonal vegetables (carrots, celery, red onion, peppers, spinach, etc.)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 6 6-oz. wild salmon fillets
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup jerk spice
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- Make the dressing by combining the pomegranate juice with 1/4 cup each of orange juice, lime juice and water. Slowly whisk in the oil. Use to dress the veggies.
- Prep the salad vegetables. Thinly slice the seasonal vegetables. Toss the vegetables with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Set aside.
- Prep the salmon. Combine the orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice with the canola oil, jerk spice and Thai sweet chili sauce. Mix well. Place the salmon and the glaze mixture in a casserole dish, and allow it to marinate for 2 hours prior to cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and grill them for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Assemble your salad by plating vegetables on 6 dinner plates, then top them with the salmon. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the salmon, and garnish with fresh pomegranate arils