This yummy party favorite is going to be a hit at your next one, not only is it flavorful but you’re going to be stuffed by the time you’re done with this. Yes, I did just use a pun because it’s in the title, it worked didn’t it?! Thanks to the Biggest Loser for this one.
- Olive oil spray
- 4 medium button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly mist a small baking dish with oil spray.
- Pull the stems from the mushrooms by gently twisting the stem until it comes loose and pulls from the mushroom top. Mince the stems and place in a small mixing bowl. Place the caps in the reserved baking dish stem-side up.
- Add the parsley, cheese, oil, and cayenne to the bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Spoon the mixture evenly onto the reserved mushroom caps.
- Divide the remaining mixture evenly among the mushroom caps, mounding the filling on each cap.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Let the mushrooms stand to cool slightly before serving.
*Side note: This is a single serving size. It is easily adapted for larger portions.*