This is a refreshing salad, it’s easy to make and the best part is you can let it sit and marinate, so it will taste even better!
“This recipe for Cucumber Papaya Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is a guest favorite at the New Life Hiking Spa, a nationally recognized affordable destination spa located in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont. Chop the ingredients, dress quickly and let marinate for 30 minutes while you take a brisk walk, and come back to a delicious lunch.”
- 2 cucumbers, peeled or un-peeled, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup diced dried papaya
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove chopped fresh garlic
- Coarse ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix, let sit for 1/2 hour and enjoy!