Here it is y’all, a perfect crumbly goodness of cornbread brought to you by Canyon Ranch. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!
- 5 tablespoons cane sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with canola oil spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into 24 pieces.
Honestly, 24 cubes out of a 9 inch pan was a bit small for our tastes. We made larger squares because the calorie count was still less than a full sized corn muffin, but you could also add a dollop of batter to 12 mini muffin wells (either 1 or 2 batches) to make small pieces for portion control. All things in moderation — including moderation.