Paleo Mint Double Chocolate Cookies
by Sonia from https://thehealthyfoodie.com/
These paleo mint double chocolate cookies have fresh mint in them and are super rich and gooey! They’re also grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 1/2 cup (168 grams) hazelnut meal
- 1 cup (104 grams) extra dark or Dutch-process Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- the meat of 1 ripe avocado (about 160 grams of meat, my whole avocado was 260 grams)
- 1/4 cup (56 grams) coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup (150g) pitted dates
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (40 grams) honey
- 7 grams (~ 1/4 cup loosely packed) fresh mint leaves, cleaned and patted dry
- 2/3 cup (120 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips (make sure to use paleo / dairy-free chocolate, if necessary)
- 12 – 15 After Eights or Peppermint Patties or these for the paleo / dairy-free version
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C). Mix the first four ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of your food processor, add the rest of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and After Eights. Process until very well combined. It should be smooth and creamy, but there will still be little specks of dates. Add the dry mixture and pulse until combined. Take out the blade and stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Form the dough into about 30 balls and place half of them on a Silpat or piece of parchment paper. Flatten the balls and then break each After Eight in two so that it’ll fit in the center of the cookie. Place each After Eight centered on top of each dough disc. Flatten the remaining balls of dough and place on top of the After Eights. Seal the edges so that the After Eights won’t ooze out.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then immediately remove the Silpat or parchment paper from the cookie sheet (with the cookies still on there). I did this to make sure that they didn’t bake even longer.
Recipe was discovered here: