This simple dish is astonishingly easy to make! For those seeking to improve their health by preparing heart healthy meals – this recipe is for you! High in Omega-3’s (fatty acids that our bodies can not make themselves) Salmon is at the top of every superfood list. We love this recipe from Chef Jen. You can see her full chef spotlight page here. Can you believe that this meal is only 190 calories per serving? Happy cooking and enjoy!
Whole Grain Dijon and Parmesan Crusted Salmon
Number of servings: 2 Serving size: 1- 4 ounce fillet
Calories: 190; Fat grams: 7 grams
- 2 – 4oz. Salmon fillets Or any other type of fish
- 2 Tbsp. Whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Panko
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Coat each fillet with a tablespoon each of mustard, panko and parmesan cheese
- Then season each fillet with salt and ground black pepper.
- Get a small baking pan.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay both fillets in pan.
- Then place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
Want more healthy recipes from Chef Jen? You can view her full Chef Spotlight on the Recipe Redo Blog here. You can also follow the Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K