This is a wonderful dessert for fall, when both cranberries and apples are in season. The fruits are quite compatible in flavor and color, and they help make any table look festive and inviting! This recipe is compliments of Oaks Spa at Ojai
- ½ C. Apple Juice Concentrate
- ½ T. Arrowroot
- Combine, whisk together, and stir over low heat to thicken. Mixture will be thick and clear.
TO MICROWARE: Combine in a four cup glass measuring cup and microwave 2 minutes to thicken.
- 3 C. Fresh Cranberries, Washed
- 3 C. Granny Smith or Pippin Apples, Sliced
- 1 T. Brown Rice Flour
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Toss with apple syrup and place in a 9” x 12”, nonstick sprayed, baking dish.
- ½ C. Rolled Oats
- ¼ C. Grape Nuts
- 2 T. Apple Juice Concentrate
- Toss together to moisten cereal and sprinkle over Cranberry Apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve warm or chilled. For BLUEBERRY Apple Crisps, substitute 3 cups of blueberries for the cranberries.
NOTE: This is a wonderful winter dessert. Top it with French Cream, Nonfat Yogurt or LowCal Sour Cream.
- Carbs: 16 GM
- Pro: 1 GM
- Fat: Trace
- Sodium: 15 mg