Traditionally I would post a food or drink recipe, however. Today I think it is important to focus on condiment. I mean you can make all the recipes in the world, but without that BAM! factor of a glaze or dressing it just wouldn’t be the same. Thank you Canyon Ranch!
“Thousand Island dressing is versatile in any number of ways: Use it as a dip for raw vegetables, as a salad dressing, or spread it on sandwiches or burgers. With our low-calorie version you can enjoy it often, but be careful with commercial varieties. Some of them pack in a whopping 120 calories for 2 tablespoons For a dairy-free rendition, omit the yogurt and double the amount of fat-free mayonnaise.”
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- It will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 1 week.