Love your Brussels sprouts and eat them too – it’s harvest season! In the mood for some fall flavor? Try this recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries. It’s sure to do just the trick! Serve it as a side or enjoy as your main course. We think this would make a lovely addition to your thanksgiving table as well. Happy Cooking and Enjoy!
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Roasted Butternut Squash:
- 1 and ½ pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1-inch cubes (Yields about 4 cups of uncooked cubed butternut squash)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Other Ingredients:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
To find full preparation instructions visit the original recipe on Julia’s Album. Want more healthy recipes from Julia’s Album? You can follow Julia’s Album on social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
In her quest to “healthify” the nation, Debra K believes there are valuable stories needing to be told.
“We have to do something right now to empower and educate our older population to keep them healthy and in their homes for as long as possible. ‘Senior Moments’ will help older adults and their caretakers set a path toward wellness and stop the crisis we are heading toward as our older population pressures our healthcare system.” Debra K