I found this great power booster recipe by Scott D at Rancho La Puerta. What I love the most is it is so easy to make, I think I will go try it!
The Power Booster Energy Shot from Tierra Allegre is a natural energy juice drink. It reminds me of falling in love. It left me warm and tingly inside and looking forward to our next encounter. The flavorful fresh ginger packs in a wallop of antioxidants, and has anti-inflammatory benefits. The cayenne adds a dash of heat. This natural energy drink is perfect for a late morning energy boost. I also enjoy it in the afternoon as a refresher, as a replacement for caffeine. Makes two shots, about four ounces each.
- 1” Chunk of Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Medium Lemon
- 1/2 Green Apple
- Dash of Cayenne
- Slice or chop ginger so it fits in your juicer.
- Peel the lemon. Slice the lemon into quarter sized wedges for easier juicing.
- Slice a whole green apple in half. You can juice the seeds and stem. Rub the lemon peel or drizzle a little lemon juice onto the exposed side of the apple to prevent oxidation. Preserve the unused half for later.
- Process the lemon, ginger and apple through your juicer.
- Pour the juice into small glasses and sprinkle with a dash of fresh cayenne. You can grind your own cayenne in a blade coffee grinder or spice grinder.